The Water Babies: Tom Sat Upon the Buoy Long Days
This illustration is from The Water Babies, a children's novel written by the Reverend Charles Kingsley and published as a book in 1863. Before that the story was serialized in Macmillan's magazine in 1862 and 1863. The book was extremely popular and remained a mainstay of children's literature through the 1920s.? This image was illustrated by Jessie Wilcox Smith in charcoal, watercolor and oil and titled 'Tom sat upon the buoy long days.' Published in 1916.
About Our Paper
We print on mould-made 100% cotton rag, acid-free archival papers or heavyweight Exhibition Gallery Canvas. Each print is inspected before shipping.
• 8.5x11 and 11x17 prints have .50-inch margins
• 19x13 prints have 1-inch margins
• 22x17 prints have 1.5 inch margins
• 30x24 Special Edition and 47x34 Magnum prints have 2-inch margins
• Canvas prints have slightly wider margins for stretching
• If image does not match paper dimensions,
there will be a wider margin along the narrowest side