Across the Continent
This lithograph shows a locomotive running through a settlement with a school, church and Indians. It was published by Currier & Ives, c. 1868. Text on the print reads: 'Across the Continent, 'Westward the Course of Empire Takes Its Way' ' Illustrated by F.F. Palmer. Currier & Ives was a prolific printer of lithographs at the turn of the century.
About Our Paper
We print on mould-made 100% cotton rag, acid-free archival papers or heavyweight Exhibition Gallery Canvas. Each print is inspected before shipping.
• 8.5x11 and 11x17 prints have .50-inch margins
• 19x13 prints have 1-inch margins
• 22x17 prints have 1.5 inch margins
• 30x24 Special Edition and 47x34 Magnum prints have 2-inch margins
• Canvas prints have slightly wider margins for stretching
• If image does not match paper dimensions,
there will be a wider margin along the narrowest side